Hey BonLook Beauties!
The good news just keeps rolling in here at BonLook! Yesterday, we were featured on CBS’s The Talk! Our sunglasses were featured as one of this summer’s ‘Travel Must Haves’ (and, of course, I couldn’t agree more). If you didn’t catch the episode yesterday, be sure to check it out.
Inspired by The Talk, the BonLook Stylists have put together a short list of things that they can’t live without when they indulge themselves with a warm summertime getaway. This short list focuses on the stuff our stylists carry with them at all times when they’re traveling somewhere warm.
1. Colour Block Straw Hat, Kate Spade New York. $99.
2. Honeybadger in Cardinal, BonLook. $99.
3. Champion Dot, Keds. $45
4. D3200 24.2MP Digital SLR, Nikon. $550.
5. Clinique Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen. $23.
6. Yes To Cucumbers Face Cleanser Towelettes. $12.
7. Bath and Body Works PocketBac Sanitizing Hand Gel. $3.
8. EOS Tangerine Medicated Lip Balm Sphere. $3.
We wanted to elaborate a little on each item and why it’s our choice for a travel essential:
1) The Hat: This super-stylish Kate Spade straw hat is an excellent way to both camouflage “holiday hair” (you know, that hair you get when you haven’t got all your beauty supplies on hand) and protect your whole face from the deleterious effects of the sun. The fact that it is amazingly cute is a little bit of a cheeky bonus.
2) The Sunglasses: We wouldn’t go anywhere without our favourite BonLook sunnies. We selected the Honeybadger in Cardinal to add a bold, vibrant pop of colour to any look. Basically *insert favourite BonLook sunglasses here* and you’re good to go. Any of our UVA/UVB-blocking beauties will do!
3) The Shoes: We think that these Keds are adorable, but it’s the concept that makes them a travel essential—you MUST bring a pair of comfortable shoes! We’ve all been there, ladies: that night where we were having so much fun but our feet hurt, the stroll around town turned to agony because we were “breaking in” new shoes. A summer getaway is NOT the time to break in new shoes. You don’t want to be worrying about blisters or any foot woes—you want to be soaking in the sights, sounds and smells of your trip.
4) The Camera: Once again, this is an amazing camera but it comes with a pretty hefty price tag. We just wanted to note that it’s a great idea to bring a camera with you everywhere you go when you’re somewhere abroad. Nowadays, people tend to rely on their mobile phones for photos on the go. This is great for a regular occasion, but sometimes built-in phone cameras don’t do natural beauty much justice. A good digital camera is a worthwhile investment to capture all your most memorable moments on vacation.
5) The Sunscreen: Clinique’s SPF 30 for the body is an amazing choice, but any sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 (higher if you have fair skin or burn easily) will do. Make sure to bring this in your bag at all times!
6) The Face Wipes: We adore the Yes To… brand and can’t get enough of these amazing face wipes. They’re ultra-refreshing, soothing on sunkissed skin, and really affordable.
7) The Antibacterial Gel: These sweet little Bath & Body Works PocketBac gels are so portable and come in a huge variety of scents.
8) The Lip Balm: Keep those lips well-hydrated and happy. This EOS balm is affordable and smells great!
What are some of your summer travel essentials? Comment below and let me know! I love trying new things!